What’s on in Islington this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Either perform or just sit back and enjoy the Claremont variety show for the over 55s, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont Centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 020 7837 3402.
Shake what your mother gave you at this keep fit zumba class for the over 55s, from 2 to 3pm at the St Luke’s Centre, Central Street, EC1. Call 020 7549 8188.
Embark on a story adventure at this class designed to help boost 18 months to four-year-old children’s movement, stimulate imagination, and increase their confidence, from 9.45 to 10.30am at That Place on the Corner, Newington Green, N16. Costs £5 per child the £3 per sibling, call 07896 040145.
Celebrate all things north of the border with a week of Scottish festivities for Burns Night, featuring Scottish porters, ales, whisky, fine foods, tartan, dancing and bagpipes, every night until January 25 at the Alma, Newington Green Road, N16. Free entry, call 020 7359 4536.
- 1 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 2 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 3 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 4 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 5 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 6 Siblings open community-oriented park coffee hut
- 7 Homes under the Planner: Schemes submitted or approved in Islington in June
- 8 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 9 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
- 10 Old Bailey courts closed as barrister strike action gets under way
Get your sprogs into architecture at this workshop featuring colouring and sketching, by Semisotano Architects, from 11am to 7pm at Islington Museum, St John Street, EC1. Costs £7, to book email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Snare a snack or a gourmet bargain at this small but perfectly formed food market and all round community hub, from 11am to 3pm on Tufnell Park Road, N19. Free, call 0207 2723510.
Find out how to embellish the nation’s favourite garment at this workshop to make your T-shirt suitable for a catwalk model, from 4 to 5.30pm at Manor Gardens Centre, N7. Costs £25 (£18 concessions), email email@example.com.
Hear some stella finger work as the Angel Piano Trio tackle Hadyn, Martinu and Brahms as part of the London Chamber Music Series, from 6.30pm at King’s Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from £9.50, call 020 7520 1490.
Train with furious vengeance at these chi kung classes. Every Sunday, from 11am to noon, at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30pm and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. Call 07973 622240. The class costs £10 per lesson or £40 for five.