What’s on in Islington this weekend
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Join Museum staff for another eggucational Easter egg hunt; follow clues to gain not just an egg but also a fascinating tour of the Museum, from 11am to 4pm at Islington Museum, St John Street, EC1. All ages drop in, call 020 7527 2837.
Learn about a fascinating Central American country at Culture Shock: Bolivia, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont Centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 02078373402.
Get your skates on at this rollerskating session for beginners or veterans aged eight to 16, from 4.30 to 6pm at the Sobell Centre, Hornsey Road, N7. Free, call 020 7609 2166.
You may also want to watch:
Grab some lovely grub at this miniature outdoor food emporium, 11am to 3pm at Tufnell Park Food Market, N7. Free, call 0207 2723510.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 2 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 5 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 6 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 7 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 8 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 9 Meet Charrli - the Islington start-up facilitating zero-waste shopping
- 10 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
Come along, meet your neighbours and do some work on a beautiful garden at this community open day, from 10am to 1pm at Arlington Square, N1. Call 079 7443 5227.
Shoot some hoops at this wheelchair basketball class for all ages, from 3 to 5pm at the Sobell Centre, Hornsey Road, N7. Free, call 020 7609 2166.
Create some proper pastries with no soggy bottoms at this Sunday pie making club, from 10.45am to 3pm at St Luke’s Community Centre, Central Street, EC1. Costs £60, email email@example.com
Get sporty at these footballs and basketball sessions for youngsters from 10am to 12noon at Elthorn Park, N19. Free, call 020 7686 8812.
Turn your hands into deadly weapons at chi kung self-defence classes, every Sunday, from 11am to noon, at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, on Saturdays from 11.15am to 12.30pm and on Fridays from 6.45pm to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. Call 07973 622240. Classes costs £10 per lesson or £40 for five.