What’s on in Islington this weekend?
- Credit: Archant
Our pick of the weekend’s action?
Get loose as a goose with some swinging jazz from the Jump and Jive Quintet featuring Mick Sullivan, from 9 to 11.30pm at Ajani Bar and Grill, Hornsey Road, N7. Costs £6, call 020 7272 5566.
Learn to play the tin whistle at this workshop, from 1 to 3pm at the Claremont Centre, White Lion street, N1. Costs £1.50, call 020 78373402.
Get out amongst it at this Nordic walking session for the over 55s, from 2pm, at the Drovers Centre, North Road, N7. Costs £2, call 07900 888438.
You may also want to watch:
Combine food tasting with adventure at little food explorers – weekly healthy eating classes for pre-schoolers, from 10 to 10.45am at St Mary’s Church, Upper Street, N1. Call 0795641859
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 8 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 9 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 10 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
Dig out some fresh, quality, speciality produce at this weekly market, from 9am to 5pm at Calendonian Road, N1. Free, visit www.thecallymarket.com.
Experience the world premiere of English National Opera Sunken Garden, an occult mystery film-opera from composer, director and film-maker Michel van der Aa, from 7.30pm at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Tickets from £16, call 020 7638 8891.
Score some goals and shoot some hoops at these football and basketball sessions, from 10am to 12noon at Elthorne Park, N19. Free, call 020 7686 8812.
Quaff ales from New Zealand, Greece, Russia, Canada, USA, Netherlands and the Czech Republic at this 19-day beer festival. Every day until April 21 at The Coronet, Holloway Road, N7, The White Lion of Mortimer, in Stroud Green Road, N4, The Sir John Oldcastle in Farringdon Road, EC1, The Masque Haunt in Old Street, EC1, The Angel in Islington High Street, N1, The White Swan in Upper Street, N1. Free, beers from £2.15.
Enjoy cakes, tea and coffee and soup at this skill sharing group, from 11am until 5pm at Timebank Cafe, Gillespie Park Nature Reserve, N5. Free, call 020 7527 4374.
Fight hard at chi kung self-defence classes, every Sunday, from 11am to noon, at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, on Saturdays from 11.15am to 12.30pm and on Fridays from 6.45pm to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. Call 07973 622240. Classes costs £10 per lesson or £40 for five.