What’s on this weekend in Islington
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Learn about puppets from the master; Ronnie Le Drew, a professional puppeteer for over 30 years, from 6.30 to 9pm at the St Mary’s Community Centre, Upper Street, N1. Suggested donation of �1. Call 020 7713 9304 for more information.
Gasp at the work of acclaimed war photographer Sean Smith at his exhibition Frontlines, from 10am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 12noon to 6pm Saturday and Sunday until September 30 at Kings Place, York Way, N1. Free, call 020 7520 1485 for more information.
Get involved with fun activities, games and workshops, as well has being able to chat to a youth worker about any problems at home or school at this club for eight to 12-year-olds, from 6 to 8pm at the Underground Youth Centre, Piper Close, N7. Free, call 020 7527 5586 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Be entertained by singers, including Somalia’s Fuad Omar, and speakers, whilst raising money for disaster relief at Islington Against Famine, from 6.30 to 9.30pm at St Mellitus Church Hall, Tollington Park, N4. Donation of �5 or more welcome, call 0207 561 7488 for more information.
- 1 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 2 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 4 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 7 Whittington NHS bosses announce maternity transformation plans
- 8 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 9 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 10 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord completes move to Bundesliga side VfL Wolfsburg
Develop your old skills and empower your new lifestyle skills with some healthy cooking, cake baking and advice and coaching techniques at Razzle Dazzle, from 1 to 4pm at Elizabeth House, Hurlock Street, N5. Costs �2 children, �3 adults, call 07985 390 488 for more information.
Have fun and learn about a carbon-free future into the bargain at the Well-Oiled Festival, from 2 to 8pm at Finsbury Park, N4. Visit transitionfinsburypark.org.uk for more information.
Enjoy the rich tapestry of Islington’s architectural wonders as part of the London-wide Open House event, All day Saturday and Sunday across the borough. Free, call 020 7527 6768 for more information.
Ask and discuss life’s big questions at this philosophy forum organised by the Stuart Low Trust, from 4.30 to 6.30pm at the venue in Archway, N19, to be confirmed upon registration. Free, Call 020 7713 9304 for more information and to register.
Let music soothe your inner beast with Mozart String Quartets and Quintets, from 11.30am at the Kings Place, York Way, N1. Costs �9.50 to �24.50, call 020 7520 1490 for more information.
Chuckle away at the Laughter Club with fun, easy laughter yoga exercises – the cheerful way to happiness, from 6 to 7pm Hilldrop Community Centre, Community Lane, Hilldrop Road, N7. Free, call 0207 609 6145 for more information.