What’s on this weekend in Islington
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Groove to James Hunter, one of the best kept secrets in British soul according to Van Morrison, from 7pm at the Islington Assembly Hall, Upper Street, N1. Tickets from �17.50, call 020 7527 8900 for more information.
Enjoy an exhibition of photography and print, from 12noon to 6pm at the Candid Art Trust, Torrens street, EC1. Free, call 020 7837 4237 for more information.
Spend the evening with Soweto Kinch and special guests, from 8pm at the Kings Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from �9.50, call 020 7520 1490 for more information.
Hear a talk about Italian abstract painter Alberto Burri, from Prof Robert Lumley, professor of Italian cultural history at UCL, from 3pm at the Estorick Collection of Modern Italian Art, Canonbruy Square, N1. Call 020 7704 9522 for more information.
- 1 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 2 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 3 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 4 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 5 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 6 Protest erupts at the North London Waste Authority re-election meeting
- 7 Siblings open community-oriented park coffee hut
- 8 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 9 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 10 Homes under the Planner: Schemes submitted or approved in Islington in June
Turn your fists into weapons at these Chi Kung classes, from 8.45 to 9.45am on Saturday at Yogabase, in Liverpool Road, N1, from 6.45 to 7.45pm on Friday at Moving Arts Base, in Liverpool Road, N1 and 11am to 12noon on Sunday, in Providence Court, N1. Lessons cost �12/10 or �40 for a clock of five, call 07973 622240 for more information.
Nourish your artistic side with this life drawing class, from 10am to 5pm at Candid Arts Trust, Torrens Street, EC1. Costs �45, including all materials, call 020 7837 4237 for more information.
Get your walking boots on for this Winter Wanders – a three hour/five mile jaunt down the regent’s canal led by Des De Moor, from 1.30pm at Angel Tube Station. Visit www.walklondon.org.uk for more information.
Pick up some January bargains at this monthly vintage fashion and homeware fair, featuring retro furnishing, clothes and collectables, from 11am to 4pm at Islington Assembly Hall, Upper Street, N1. Entry �3 (�2 NUs) call 07716 295 998 for more information.
Discuss life’s hidden meanings at this philosophy forum run by the Stuart Low Trust, from 4 to 6pm at a venue in Archway, N19. Call 020 7713 9304 to register.