Whittington head of nursing made MBE in New Year’s Honours
- Credit: Archant
A nurse from the Whittington Hospital in Archway has been recognised for her hard work and dedication in the new year’s honours list.
Director of nursing and patient services Philippa Davies has been made an MBE for services to nursing.
Ms Davies qualified as a nurse in 1985, then as a midwife in 1987, and has held a number of senior nursing roles in her career.
She has been in her current role with the Whittington for eighteen months, and was previously deputy director of nursing at East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust.
She said: “I am totally thrilled and excited at receiving such a prestigious and high profile accolade. Thank you so much to everyone who supported me with accomplishing such an amazing milestone in my career.
“I have always been, and will continue to be, committed to fostering a culture of excellence, professionalism and collaborative working to improve safety, patient and carer experience and quality outcomes.
“I feel lucky to be part of such a fantastic NHS Trust as Whittington Health. I am incredibly impressed and proud to work with the staff and volunteers, who provide excellent care for our patients.”
- 1 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 2 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 5 West Hampstead man fatally stabbed in Ealing
- 6 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 7 Arteta's Arsenal plan coming together nicely
- 8 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 9 Finsbury Park man due in court charged with pub murder
- 10 Inside the esports gaming arena coming to Islington's Upper Street
As well as her clinical experience, Ms Davies has extensive experience in operational management and holds a master’s degree in leadership and management in the public sector.
Whittington Trust Chair, Steve Hitchins - who has also recently been a patient at the hospital - paid tribute to Ms Davies.
He said: “I am absolutely delighted to congratulate Philippa on behalf of the board.
“Philippa thoroughly deserves this award, which celebrates her accomplishments as a nurse and midwife, as well as her work as a nurse director.
“Philippa is an incredibly enthusiastic clinician and has recently led the Trust through a rigorous Care Quality Commission inspection. Without her leadership and dedication to patients and staff, the Trust would not have been able to manage the challenging process so effectively and efficiently.”