Whittington head of nursing made MBE in New Year’s Honours
- Credit: Archant
A nurse from the Whittington Hospital in Archway has been recognised for her hard work and dedication in the new year’s honours list.
Director of nursing and patient services Philippa Davies has been made an MBE for services to nursing.
Ms Davies qualified as a nurse in 1985, then as a midwife in 1987, and has held a number of senior nursing roles in her career.
She has been in her current role with the Whittington for eighteen months, and was previously deputy director of nursing at East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust.
She said: “I am totally thrilled and excited at receiving such a prestigious and high profile accolade. Thank you so much to everyone who supported me with accomplishing such an amazing milestone in my career.
You may also want to watch:
“I have always been, and will continue to be, committed to fostering a culture of excellence, professionalism and collaborative working to improve safety, patient and carer experience and quality outcomes.
“I feel lucky to be part of such a fantastic NHS Trust as Whittington Health. I am incredibly impressed and proud to work with the staff and volunteers, who provide excellent care for our patients.”
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 8 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire
As well as her clinical experience, Ms Davies has extensive experience in operational management and holds a master’s degree in leadership and management in the public sector.
Whittington Trust Chair, Steve Hitchins - who has also recently been a patient at the hospital - paid tribute to Ms Davies.
He said: “I am absolutely delighted to congratulate Philippa on behalf of the board.
“Philippa thoroughly deserves this award, which celebrates her accomplishments as a nurse and midwife, as well as her work as a nurse director.
“Philippa is an incredibly enthusiastic clinician and has recently led the Trust through a rigorous Care Quality Commission inspection. Without her leadership and dedication to patients and staff, the Trust would not have been able to manage the challenging process so effectively and efficiently.”