Whittington Hospital gets new boss
DR Yi Mien Koh has been appointed the new chief executive of Whittington Health.
NHS Haringey, NHS Islington and The Whittington Hospital NHS Trust boards are merging to form Whittington Health care organisation, which becomes operational from April.
This process has involved the transfer of community health services in Haringey and Islington to The Whittington Hospital and the transfer of 1500 staff to The Whittington.
Dr Koh, a consultant in public health, was until recently chief executive of the Hillingdon Primary Care Trust.
She holds an MBA from the City University Business School and is a fellow of the Faculty of Public Health as well as the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of Whittington Health Joe Liddane said: “Dr Koh has a very impressive background and we are eager to work with her to make Whittington Health a long-term success.”
Dr Koh said: “I am delighted to be appointed the first chief executive of Whittington Health and look forward to working together with everyone to deliver an integrated care model to our local community that is the best in the world.” Rob Larkman has been chief executive of The Whittington Hospital NHS Trust for 18 months and Mr Liddane praised his ‘excellent management’.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
The Whittington Hospital’s director of primary care Siobhan Harrington will be acting chief executive until Dr Koh takes up her post.