Whittington Hospital gets new boss
DR Yi Mien Koh has been appointed the new chief executive of Whittington Health.
NHS Haringey, NHS Islington and The Whittington Hospital NHS Trust boards are merging to form Whittington Health care organisation, which becomes operational from April.
This process has involved the transfer of community health services in Haringey and Islington to The Whittington Hospital and the transfer of 1500 staff to The Whittington.
Dr Koh, a consultant in public health, was until recently chief executive of the Hillingdon Primary Care Trust.
She holds an MBA from the City University Business School and is a fellow of the Faculty of Public Health as well as the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of Whittington Health Joe Liddane said: “Dr Koh has a very impressive background and we are eager to work with her to make Whittington Health a long-term success.”
Dr Koh said: “I am delighted to be appointed the first chief executive of Whittington Health and look forward to working together with everyone to deliver an integrated care model to our local community that is the best in the world.” Rob Larkman has been chief executive of The Whittington Hospital NHS Trust for 18 months and Mr Liddane praised his ‘excellent management’.
- 1 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 2 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 3 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 4 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 5 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 6 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 7 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 8 Arsenal boss Montemurro picks up second straight manager of the month award
- 9 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 10 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
The Whittington Hospital’s director of primary care Siobhan Harrington will be acting chief executive until Dr Koh takes up her post.