Whittington Hospital gets new boss
DR Yi Mien Koh has been appointed the new chief executive of Whittington Health.
NHS Haringey, NHS Islington and The Whittington Hospital NHS Trust boards are merging to form Whittington Health care organisation, which becomes operational from April.
This process has involved the transfer of community health services in Haringey and Islington to The Whittington Hospital and the transfer of 1500 staff to The Whittington.
Dr Koh, a consultant in public health, was until recently chief executive of the Hillingdon Primary Care Trust.
She holds an MBA from the City University Business School and is a fellow of the Faculty of Public Health as well as the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of Whittington Health Joe Liddane said: “Dr Koh has a very impressive background and we are eager to work with her to make Whittington Health a long-term success.”
Dr Koh said: “I am delighted to be appointed the first chief executive of Whittington Health and look forward to working together with everyone to deliver an integrated care model to our local community that is the best in the world.” Rob Larkman has been chief executive of The Whittington Hospital NHS Trust for 18 months and Mr Liddane praised his ‘excellent management’.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 3 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
The Whittington Hospital’s director of primary care Siobhan Harrington will be acting chief executive until Dr Koh takes up her post.