Wig-wam winter warmer heads to Shoreditch
- Credit: Archant
In as sure a sign of approaching winter as the clocks going back, a giant tent is being erected on the top of a Shoreditch bar.
From October 31 to the end of March, The Queen of Hoxton, in Curtain Road, will host their annual Wig Wam Bam, a toasty rooftop retreat away from the seasonal chill.
This year’s theme is Woodlandia and features a veil of green pine, twisted vines and moss-covered tree stumps inspired by Britain’s wintery woodlands and the wild outdoors.
To drink, there’ll be eggnog, whiskey and ginger and hot buttered rum, while from the giant barbecue expect marshmallows, slow-cooked lamb and jacket potatoes.
And to keep the crowds entertained, a series of event including origami making, cider tasting and astronomy classes will take place across the autumn and winter.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, call 0207 422 0958.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 7 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital