Wig-wam winter warmer heads to Shoreditch
- Credit: Archant
In as sure a sign of approaching winter as the clocks going back, a giant tent is being erected on the top of a Shoreditch bar.
From October 31 to the end of March, The Queen of Hoxton, in Curtain Road, will host their annual Wig Wam Bam, a toasty rooftop retreat away from the seasonal chill.
This year’s theme is Woodlandia and features a veil of green pine, twisted vines and moss-covered tree stumps inspired by Britain’s wintery woodlands and the wild outdoors.
To drink, there’ll be eggnog, whiskey and ginger and hot buttered rum, while from the giant barbecue expect marshmallows, slow-cooked lamb and jacket potatoes.
And to keep the crowds entertained, a series of event including origami making, cider tasting and astronomy classes will take place across the autumn and winter.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, call 0207 422 0958.
- 1 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 6 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 9 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 10 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs