Win family ticket to spellbinding show featuring the stories of Hans Christian Andersen
- Credit: Archant
The Little Matchgirl and Other Happier Tales features the perennial favourites compiled by Hans Christian Andersen and promises a night full of revealing truths and magical delights
Inspired by the beautiful and devastatingly sad Hans Christian Andersen ‘wonder’ tale, The Little Matchgirl, and combining Andersen’s other tales, The Princess and the Pea, The Emperor’s New Clothes and Thumbelina, The Little Matchgirl and Other Happier Tales will reveal a world of magic and mystery.
Steeped in the metaphor and meaning that runs through the veins of Andersen’s enduring stories, this will be a night to delight, transport and surprise.
For adults and brave children alike, expect music, puppetry, dark magic...and perhaps some modern truths that we would all rather remain hidden.
The Gazette has got a family ticket to give-away and all you have to do is answer this question:
You may also want to watch:
Which of the following tales was also written by Hans Christian Andersen?
a) Little Red Riding Hood
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 5 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 6 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 7 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 8 Environment and equality at heart of council leader's new direction for Islington
- 9 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 10 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
b) Oliver Twist
c) The Little Mermaid
Send your answer along with your name, address and telephone number to email@example.com.
Written and co-adapted by Joel Horwood. Directed and co-adapted by Emma Rice
Thursday November 24 2016 – Sunday 22 January 2017 Playing at the Sam Wanamaker Playhouse, Shakespeare’s Globe, London, SE1 9DT
shakespearesglobe.com/matchgirl*Family ticket is for a maximum of five tickets. Tickets valid for the following performances: 3, 4, 6, 10, 11, 13 January 2017. Prize must be claimed by December 9. Subject to availability. No cash alternative. Travel and Accommodation not included. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult. Closing date for entries November 30.