Win family ticket to spellbinding show featuring the stories of Hans Christian Andersen
- Credit: Archant
The Little Matchgirl and Other Happier Tales features the perennial favourites compiled by Hans Christian Andersen and promises a night full of revealing truths and magical delights
Inspired by the beautiful and devastatingly sad Hans Christian Andersen ‘wonder’ tale, The Little Matchgirl, and combining Andersen’s other tales, The Princess and the Pea, The Emperor’s New Clothes and Thumbelina, The Little Matchgirl and Other Happier Tales will reveal a world of magic and mystery.
Steeped in the metaphor and meaning that runs through the veins of Andersen’s enduring stories, this will be a night to delight, transport and surprise.
For adults and brave children alike, expect music, puppetry, dark magic...and perhaps some modern truths that we would all rather remain hidden.
The Gazette has got a family ticket to give-away and all you have to do is answer this question:
You may also want to watch:
Which of the following tales was also written by Hans Christian Andersen?
a) Little Red Riding Hood
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe streets where you live?
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know
b) Oliver Twist
c) The Little Mermaid
Send your answer along with your name, address and telephone number to email@example.com.
Written and co-adapted by Joel Horwood. Directed and co-adapted by Emma Rice
Thursday November 24 2016 – Sunday 22 January 2017 Playing at the Sam Wanamaker Playhouse, Shakespeare’s Globe, London, SE1 9DT
shakespearesglobe.com/matchgirl*Family ticket is for a maximum of five tickets. Tickets valid for the following performances: 3, 4, 6, 10, 11, 13 January 2017. Prize must be claimed by December 9. Subject to availability. No cash alternative. Travel and Accommodation not included. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult. Closing date for entries November 30.