Woman critical after Finsbury Park cab collision
A 61-year-old woman is in a critical condition after a collision with a cab in Finsbury Park this morning.
The pedestrian was in collision with the taxi at around 7am this morning near the junction of Seven Sisters Road and Alexandra Grove.
The woman was conscious and breathing at the scene, but was rushed to the major trauma unit of the Royal London Hospital as a priority.
Her condition is described as critical - next of kin have been informed.
The driver of the vehicle was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving. He was taken to a London police station where he remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
The police closed the stretch of Seven Sisters Road, between Manor House and Finsbury Park tube stations from 7am to 10.45am.
Traffic police are investigating.
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 4 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 5 Islington Boxing Club receives a major boost in fundraising campaign
- 6 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 9 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 10 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition