Woman critical after Finsbury Park cab collision
A 61-year-old woman is in a critical condition after a collision with a cab in Finsbury Park this morning.
The pedestrian was in collision with the taxi at around 7am this morning near the junction of Seven Sisters Road and Alexandra Grove.
The woman was conscious and breathing at the scene, but was rushed to the major trauma unit of the Royal London Hospital as a priority.
Her condition is described as critical - next of kin have been informed.
The driver of the vehicle was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving. He was taken to a London police station where he remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
The police closed the stretch of Seven Sisters Road, between Manor House and Finsbury Park tube stations from 7am to 10.45am.
Traffic police are investigating.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 7 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 8 Club Curling comes to Coal Drops Yard in King’s Cross
- 9 'Exceptional' heroes granted Islington's highest award, the 'Freedom of the Borough'
- 10 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'