Woman critical after Finsbury Park cab collision
A 61-year-old woman is in a critical condition after a collision with a cab in Finsbury Park this morning.
The pedestrian was in collision with the taxi at around 7am this morning near the junction of Seven Sisters Road and Alexandra Grove.
The woman was conscious and breathing at the scene, but was rushed to the major trauma unit of the Royal London Hospital as a priority.
Her condition is described as critical - next of kin have been informed.
The driver of the vehicle was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving. He was taken to a London police station where he remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
The police closed the stretch of Seven Sisters Road, between Manor House and Finsbury Park tube stations from 7am to 10.45am.
Traffic police are investigating.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire