Woman dies in Canonbury flat fire
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died following a flat fire in Canonbury in the early hours of this morning.
Crews were called just after 1.30am to Crowland Terrace.
The woman was brought out of the converted house and taken to hospital but was pronounced dead just after 4am.
Thirty-five firefighters tackled the blaze, which badly damaged the second floor and roof, for three hours.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Neighbours were evacuated as a precaution.
- 1 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 2 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 3 Letter: 'Highbury roundabout is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 4 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 8 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 9 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 10 'Exceptional' heroes granted Islington's highest award, the 'Freedom of the Borough'