Woman dies in Canonbury flat fire
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died following a flat fire in Canonbury in the early hours of this morning.
Crews were called just after 1.30am to Crowland Terrace.
The woman was brought out of the converted house and taken to hospital but was pronounced dead just after 4am.
Thirty-five firefighters tackled the blaze, which badly damaged the second floor and roof, for three hours.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Neighbours were evacuated as a precaution.
- 1 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 2 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 3 Meet the Islington-based Rangers fans who are helping food banks
- 4 'Let's avoid another lockdown': Warning for Islington to be cautious
- 5 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 6 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 7 Moorfields patient receives world’s first 3D printed prosthetic eye
- 8 'No apology': Beloved Islington hedge sawn in half by council contractor
- 9 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 10 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas