Woman dies in Canonbury flat fire
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died following a flat fire in Canonbury in the early hours of this morning.
Crews were called just after 1.30am to Crowland Terrace.
The woman was brought out of the converted house and taken to hospital but was pronounced dead just after 4am.
Thirty-five firefighters tackled the blaze, which badly damaged the second floor and roof, for three hours.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Neighbours were evacuated as a precaution.
- 1 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 2 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 3 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 4 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 5 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 6 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 7 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 8 Arsenal boss Montemurro picks up second straight manager of the month award
- 9 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 10 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir