Woman dies in Canonbury flat fire
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died following a flat fire in Canonbury in the early hours of this morning.
Crews were called just after 1.30am to Crowland Terrace.
The woman was brought out of the converted house and taken to hospital but was pronounced dead just after 4am.
Thirty-five firefighters tackled the blaze, which badly damaged the second floor and roof, for three hours.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Neighbours were evacuated as a precaution.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 5 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 8 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 9 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 10 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans