Woman injured in motorbike crash in Islington
A WOMAN suffered serious facial injuries in a collision with a motorbike yesterday (Tuesday).
The woman, who is in her 20s, was hit by a red Honda motorcycle in Liverpool Road, Islington, near the junction with Tolpuddle Street, at around 7.30pm.
She was taken to University College Hospital, in Euston, with serious facial injuries, where here condition was described as non life threatening.
Police closed the Liverpool Road junctions with Tolpuddle Street and Chapel Market from 8.10pm until 9.50pm.
A spokeswoman for the London Ambulance Service said: “We were called just after 7.30pm to reports of a road traffic collision involving a pedestrian and a motorbike on Liverpool Road.
“We sent an ambulance crew and a motorcycle responder to the scene. Our staff treated one patient reported to be a woman in her 20s, who was taken to University College Hospital with head and knee injuries.”
- 1 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 2 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 3 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 4 Meating climate commitments: are butchers on their way out?
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 7 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 8 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 9 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
- 10 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week