Woman injured in motorbike crash in Islington
A WOMAN suffered serious facial injuries in a collision with a motorbike yesterday (Tuesday).
The woman, who is in her 20s, was hit by a red Honda motorcycle in Liverpool Road, Islington, near the junction with Tolpuddle Street, at around 7.30pm.
She was taken to University College Hospital, in Euston, with serious facial injuries, where here condition was described as non life threatening.
Police closed the Liverpool Road junctions with Tolpuddle Street and Chapel Market from 8.10pm until 9.50pm.
A spokeswoman for the London Ambulance Service said: “We were called just after 7.30pm to reports of a road traffic collision involving a pedestrian and a motorbike on Liverpool Road.
You may also want to watch:
“We sent an ambulance crew and a motorcycle responder to the scene. Our staff treated one patient reported to be a woman in her 20s, who was taken to University College Hospital with head and knee injuries.”
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 4 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 5 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 6 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 7 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 8 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 9 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 10 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree