Woman injured in motorbike crash in Islington
A WOMAN suffered serious facial injuries in a collision with a motorbike yesterday (Tuesday).
The woman, who is in her 20s, was hit by a red Honda motorcycle in Liverpool Road, Islington, near the junction with Tolpuddle Street, at around 7.30pm.
She was taken to University College Hospital, in Euston, with serious facial injuries, where here condition was described as non life threatening.
Police closed the Liverpool Road junctions with Tolpuddle Street and Chapel Market from 8.10pm until 9.50pm.
A spokeswoman for the London Ambulance Service said: “We were called just after 7.30pm to reports of a road traffic collision involving a pedestrian and a motorbike on Liverpool Road.
You may also want to watch:
“We sent an ambulance crew and a motorcycle responder to the scene. Our staff treated one patient reported to be a woman in her 20s, who was taken to University College Hospital with head and knee injuries.”
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum