Woman killed in Holloway shooting is named
- Credit: Archant
Police have named the woman who died after a shooting in Holloway on Saturday morning.
Leeann Foley, 32, was found with gun shot wounds in Loraine Road at about 9.30am and was pronounced dead at the scene despite the efforts of the emergency services to save her.
A police spokesman said: “Whilst formal identification has not yet taken place, officers are satisfied that the deceased woman in Leeann Foley, 32 of Loraine Road, Holloway.
“Her family has been informed.”
A firearm was recovered and will be forensically examined.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Conroy, 38, also of Loraine Road, Islington, was charged with murder yesterday and was due to appear in Highbury Magistrates Court earlier today.
The Homicide and Major Crime Command is investigating and an incident room is open in Hendon led by Det Ch Inspector Andy Chalmers.
- 1 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 2 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 3 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 4 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 5 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 6 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 7 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 8 Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visits the Whittington Hospital
- 9 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 10 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
Anyone with any information that could assist police should contact the incident room on 020 8358 0100, or police via 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org