Woman killed in Holloway shooting is named
- Credit: Archant
Police have named the woman who died after a shooting in Holloway on Saturday morning.
Leeann Foley, 32, was found with gun shot wounds in Loraine Road at about 9.30am and was pronounced dead at the scene despite the efforts of the emergency services to save her.
A police spokesman said: “Whilst formal identification has not yet taken place, officers are satisfied that the deceased woman in Leeann Foley, 32 of Loraine Road, Holloway.
“Her family has been informed.”
A firearm was recovered and will be forensically examined.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Conroy, 38, also of Loraine Road, Islington, was charged with murder yesterday and was due to appear in Highbury Magistrates Court earlier today.
The Homicide and Major Crime Command is investigating and an incident room is open in Hendon led by Det Ch Inspector Andy Chalmers.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
Anyone with any information that could assist police should contact the incident room on 020 8358 0100, or police via 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org