Woman sustains life-threatening injuries in Finsbury Park collision
A woman has been left in a life threatening condition after a collision with a motorbike in Finsbury Park this morning (Friday).
The 32-year-old was in collision with a silver CCM bike as she crossed Seven Sisters Road towards Finsbury Park Road at around 8.20am.
Seven Sisters road was closed in both directions as police, paramedics, and the air ambulance raced to the scene.
Jose Fernandes, 31, who lives in the area and tended to the victim while she was waiting for an ambulance, said: “I was walking out of the Tube. I heard the motorbike screeching and trying to stop. I heard a big bang and when I looked round the bike had crashed.
“I saw her on the floor and a few people approached her but I think they were scared by all the blood and they ran away.
You may also want to watch:
“I went to see if she was okay. She was bleeding from her head and ear, and her eye was so swollen she couldn’t open it.
“But I think she will be okay, I hope so, but I am not a doctor. When I fist got there she was trying to stand up, which I know you shouldn’t do.”
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 Arsenal Women player of the season award nominations
The woman was taken to Royal London Hospital with life-threatening head injuries by road and a doctor from the air ambulance was in attendance.