Woman who died in Holloway tower block blaze is named
A PENSIONER who died in a fire on Sunday night has been named as 74-year-old Mary Kendrick.
Ms Kendrick was pronounced dead at her seventh floor flat in Pollard Close, off Holloway Road, shortly after 10pm.
Her husband, who is also in his 70s, managed to escape the blaze and is recovering in hospital.
A police spokeswoman said: “We were called by London Fire Brigade to reports of a fire at a seventh floor flat in Pollard Close at approximately 10pm on Sunday.
“London Ambulance Service were also called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“One man escaped from the property and was taken to central London hospital suffering smoke inhalation. He is believed to be in a stable condition
“One woman was pronounced dead at the scene.”
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 3 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 4 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 5 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 6 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 7 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
The fire is being treated as unexplained.
The blaze reignited at 11.10pm, but firefighters finally managed to get it under control at 12.30am on Monday.