Woman who died in Holloway tower block blaze is named
A PENSIONER who died in a fire on Sunday night has been named as 74-year-old Mary Kendrick.
Ms Kendrick was pronounced dead at her seventh floor flat in Pollard Close, off Holloway Road, shortly after 10pm.
Her husband, who is also in his 70s, managed to escape the blaze and is recovering in hospital.
A police spokeswoman said: “We were called by London Fire Brigade to reports of a fire at a seventh floor flat in Pollard Close at approximately 10pm on Sunday.
“London Ambulance Service were also called to the scene.
“One man escaped from the property and was taken to central London hospital suffering smoke inhalation. He is believed to be in a stable condition
“One woman was pronounced dead at the scene.”
- 1 Woman harassed by Claudia Webbe wanted MP 'to be humiliated'
- 2 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 3 Mother Clucker! Fried chicken restaurant to open in Upper Street
- 4 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 5 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 6 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 7 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 8 Appeal hearing of MP Claudia Webbe gets under way
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
The fire is being treated as unexplained.
The blaze reignited at 11.10pm, but firefighters finally managed to get it under control at 12.30am on Monday.