Arsenal Women’s North London derby postponed
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal Women’s North London derby against Super League rivals Tottenham has been postponed due to the adverse weather conditions.
A club statement read: "Our fixture against Tottenham Hotspur Women at Meadow Park today has been postponed on the grounds of crowd safety, due to extreme weather conditions.
"Please do not travel to Meadow Park. A further announcement will be made shortly."
The Gunners had hoped to bounce back from last Sunday's dissapointing 2-1 away defeat to title rivals Manchester City.
It was set to be the first ever competitive North London derby at Meadow Park, where Arsenal ran out 6-0 winners against the Whites in a pre-season friendly fixture.
You may also want to watch:
The two clubs met in the Women's Super League at the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in November with Joe Montemurro's side coming away with a 2-0 win infront of a record WSL crowd of 38,262.
Arsenal will be back in action on Thursday evening as they head to Chester's Deva Stadium to take on Liverpool.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 7 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 8 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 9 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 10 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'