World class twerking hits King’s Cross
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Bum-shakers are set to travel far and wide to compete in this year’s UK twerking championships later this month.
The UK Twerking Championships, at Scala, in Pentonville Road, on August 14, will see dancers perform lurid gyrations in a bid to win the £300 first prize.
Twerking hit the national consciousness when singer Miley Cyrus performed the dance at the MTV Video Music Awards last year.
Now some of the best in the business will line up to impress the judges as, MC Fontz and Chuckie Online provide the soundtrack.
The competition runs from 9 to 11pm with the twerking continuing at the after party which finishes at 3am.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £12, email email@example.com for more information.
- 1 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 2 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 4 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 5 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Whittington NHS bosses announce maternity transformation plans
- 8 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 9 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 10 St George's Day, Partners Islington, LTNs and Local Plan policy