World class twerking hits King’s Cross
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Bum-shakers are set to travel far and wide to compete in this year’s UK twerking championships later this month.
The UK Twerking Championships, at Scala, in Pentonville Road, on August 14, will see dancers perform lurid gyrations in a bid to win the £300 first prize.
Twerking hit the national consciousness when singer Miley Cyrus performed the dance at the MTV Video Music Awards last year.
Now some of the best in the business will line up to impress the judges as, MC Fontz and Chuckie Online provide the soundtrack.
The competition runs from 9 to 11pm with the twerking continuing at the after party which finishes at 3am.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £12, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 1 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 4 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 5 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 6 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 9 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 10 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking