Would-be city whiz from Hoxton wins top accolade in business awards
- Credit: Archant
A high-flying young business trainee has been handed a prestigious award.
David Annor, 20, of New North Road, Hoxton, was named highly commended trainee of the year in the City of London Corporation’s City Business Traineeship Awards at a ceremony on September 30.
The programme places youngsters educated in state schools with top-flight companies for an eight-week placement – David shadowed a trainee lawyer at Magic Circle law firm Allen and Overy, then secured a stint at banking giant ING.
The awards are designed to recognise the outstanding work of some of the City’s best trainees who hail from the area’s fringe boroughs.
Mark Boleat, from the City of London Corporation, said: “This scheme is invaluable in levelling the playing field and ensuring that high-achieving school leavers who cannot rely on family connections have access to internships in the Square Mile.
You may also want to watch:
“The placements offer the opportunity to develop the essential employability skills needed to compete in today’s job market.
“The winners have excelled in their internships and demonstrate to employers that talent can be found in some of London’s poorest boroughs – young people just need that initial step on the ladder.”
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 10 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox