X Factor stars visit Islington’s N1 Centre
SHOPPERS hunting for the next big tune got more than they bargained for when the tried to pop into music store hmv.
Instead they came face-to-face with a clutch of X Factor finalists, who were visiting the N1 Centre last Wednesday to promote their new charity single Heroes.
Songstresses Cher Lloyd, Rebecca Ferguson and Katie Waissel were first on the scene, bringing a touch of celebrity sparkle to the shopping centre in Parkfield Street, Islington.
They were swiftly followed by boy band One Direction and heartthrob Matt Cardle.
Crowds of shoppers gathered round to get a glimpse of their musical heroes, whipping out cameras and mobile phones in an attempt to capture a snap of the stars.
N1 Centre manager Lynne Glover said: “Although the visit was kept very hush-hush beforehand, once people saw the film crew inside hmv, they got very excited. People were getting their mobile phones out and the girls were screaming. They were trying to peer through the glass to see what was going on.
“It was great for the N1 Centre - especially when clips of the event appeared on the television over the weekend.”
- 1 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 2 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 3 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 4 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 5 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 6 Homes under the Planner: Schemes submitted or approved in Islington in June
- 7 Siblings open community-oriented park coffee hut
- 8 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 9 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 10 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
This year, finalists on ITV talent contest X Factor have joined forces to record a cover of David Bowie’s Heroes.
The single will help raise money for the Help For Heroes charity, which looks after injured servicemen and women.
Cher and Rebecca are among the favourites to win but Katie was axed from the show on Sunday after receiving the lowest number of public votes.