X Factor stars visit Islington’s N1 Centre
SHOPPERS hunting for the next big tune got more than they bargained for when the tried to pop into music store hmv.
Instead they came face-to-face with a clutch of X Factor finalists, who were visiting the N1 Centre last Wednesday to promote their new charity single Heroes.
Songstresses Cher Lloyd, Rebecca Ferguson and Katie Waissel were first on the scene, bringing a touch of celebrity sparkle to the shopping centre in Parkfield Street, Islington.
They were swiftly followed by boy band One Direction and heartthrob Matt Cardle.
Crowds of shoppers gathered round to get a glimpse of their musical heroes, whipping out cameras and mobile phones in an attempt to capture a snap of the stars.
You may also want to watch:
N1 Centre manager Lynne Glover said: “Although the visit was kept very hush-hush beforehand, once people saw the film crew inside hmv, they got very excited. People were getting their mobile phones out and the girls were screaming. They were trying to peer through the glass to see what was going on.
“It was great for the N1 Centre - especially when clips of the event appeared on the television over the weekend.”
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Islington is getting a big name restaurant
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
This year, finalists on ITV talent contest X Factor have joined forces to record a cover of David Bowie’s Heroes.
The single will help raise money for the Help For Heroes charity, which looks after injured servicemen and women.
Cher and Rebecca are among the favourites to win but Katie was axed from the show on Sunday after receiving the lowest number of public votes.