Firefighters battle blaze in early hours of the morning at York Way launderette
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews tackled a blaze at a York way launderette in the early hours of this morning.
Four fire engines and 25 firefighters were called to the fire shortly before 1.15am.
Around half the ground floor was damaged by fire. The alarm was raised when a passer-by heard the alarm sounding and saw smoke coming from under the metal shutters.
Ten people were evacuated from the flats above the shop as a precaution. There were no reports of any injuries.
After battling the fire for around an hour, it was under control at 2.23am.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from Euston, Islington and Kentish Town stations attended the scene.
The cause is currently under investigation.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 8 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 9 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 10 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension