Young engineer scoops prestigious Finsbury placement
- Credit: Archant
An engineering student has secured a traineeship at an award-winning design firm.
Ali Gunes, 19, of Percival Street, Finsbury, started work last month at Conisbee, after applying for the role through an Islington Council’s scheme.
The position is a work-based training scheme, allowing him to learn and providing the company with a keen pair of hands.
Mr Gunes said: “Working as well as studying suits me better as I feel I am gaining a greater understanding of the industry and I can also get the experience that so many jobs now ask for.”
Tim Attwood, a director at Conisbee, said: “ Ali was an outstanding candidate from a strong list provided to us.
“It is even better that he is local, and I am delighted that we can help a local young person start their career.”
- 1 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 2 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 3 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 4 Shops encouraged to become 'safe havens' to make Islington safer for women
- 5 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 6 Haringey first council to call for Edmonton incinerator pause
- 7 Islington pub Alpaca wins lockdown service award
- 8 Winter Toy Appeal launches to help London children in poverty
- 9 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 10 Man dies after two people found in Regent's Canal near Angel