Young engineer scoops prestigious Finsbury placement
- Credit: Archant
An engineering student has secured a traineeship at an award-winning design firm.
Ali Gunes, 19, of Percival Street, Finsbury, started work last month at Conisbee, after applying for the role through an Islington Council’s scheme.
The position is a work-based training scheme, allowing him to learn and providing the company with a keen pair of hands.
Mr Gunes said: “Working as well as studying suits me better as I feel I am gaining a greater understanding of the industry and I can also get the experience that so many jobs now ask for.”
Tim Attwood, a director at Conisbee, said: “ Ali was an outstanding candidate from a strong list provided to us.
You may also want to watch:
“It is even better that he is local, and I am delighted that we can help a local young person start their career.”
- 1 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 6 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 9 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington