Young engineer scoops prestigious Finsbury placement
- Credit: Archant
An engineering student has secured a traineeship at an award-winning design firm.
Ali Gunes, 19, of Percival Street, Finsbury, started work last month at Conisbee, after applying for the role through an Islington Council’s scheme.
The position is a work-based training scheme, allowing him to learn and providing the company with a keen pair of hands.
Mr Gunes said: “Working as well as studying suits me better as I feel I am gaining a greater understanding of the industry and I can also get the experience that so many jobs now ask for.”
Tim Attwood, a director at Conisbee, said: “ Ali was an outstanding candidate from a strong list provided to us.
You may also want to watch:
“It is even better that he is local, and I am delighted that we can help a local young person start their career.”
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 7 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital