Youngsters get in the Halloween spirt in Holloway
There were witches, devils, mummies and even a creepy cat as children on an estate put on their spookiest outfits to celebrate Halloween.
Youngsters from the Grove Estate, off Roman Way, Holloway, got into the scary spirit on Monday at their very own house of horror inside a marquee in Cornelia Street.
Gavin Dudley, a member of the Grove Estate TRA, said: “We had about 20 children and 20 adults and it was really well-received.”
The children tucked into cupcakes topped with skulls and spiders, before trick or treating.
The party was hosted by a new social club founded on the estate this year. It has put on a Royal Wedding bash and plans a Christmas extravaganza – as well as more low key events, such as after-school homework clubs.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Dudley added: “There isn’t enough of that kind of community spirit anymore – but we have it in abundance on this estate.”
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 5 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
- 6 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 7 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 8 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 9 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 10 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections