Youngsters get in the Halloween spirt in Holloway
There were witches, devils, mummies and even a creepy cat as children on an estate put on their spookiest outfits to celebrate Halloween.
Youngsters from the Grove Estate, off Roman Way, Holloway, got into the scary spirit on Monday at their very own house of horror inside a marquee in Cornelia Street.
Gavin Dudley, a member of the Grove Estate TRA, said: “We had about 20 children and 20 adults and it was really well-received.”
The children tucked into cupcakes topped with skulls and spiders, before trick or treating.
The party was hosted by a new social club founded on the estate this year. It has put on a Royal Wedding bash and plans a Christmas extravaganza – as well as more low key events, such as after-school homework clubs.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Dudley added: “There isn’t enough of that kind of community spirit anymore – but we have it in abundance on this estate.”
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 3 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 6 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 7 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 8 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 9 Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visits the Whittington Hospital
- 10 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment