Youngsters get in the Halloween spirt in Holloway
There were witches, devils, mummies and even a creepy cat as children on an estate put on their spookiest outfits to celebrate Halloween.
Youngsters from the Grove Estate, off Roman Way, Holloway, got into the scary spirit on Monday at their very own house of horror inside a marquee in Cornelia Street.
Gavin Dudley, a member of the Grove Estate TRA, said: “We had about 20 children and 20 adults and it was really well-received.”
The children tucked into cupcakes topped with skulls and spiders, before trick or treating.
The party was hosted by a new social club founded on the estate this year. It has put on a Royal Wedding bash and plans a Christmas extravaganza – as well as more low key events, such as after-school homework clubs.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Dudley added: “There isn’t enough of that kind of community spirit anymore – but we have it in abundance on this estate.”
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder