Your chance to quiz Islington’s election candidates
- Credit: Archant
Gazette organises there events were you can grill the people who want your vote on what matters to you
With a mere 28 days left before Islington goes to the ballot box, the Gazette has teamed up with community organisations to host a trio of heavyweight hustings, where members of the public can grill the candidates about the issues that matter to them. Are you concerned about the borough’s housing crisis? Or Islington’s high levels of unemployment? Or maybe the recent surge in youth violence? At the following events, you can have your say:
Islington South and Finsbury Hustings, in collaboration with Sadler’s Wells Theatre.
April 13, 7pm.
Sadler’s Wells’ Lilian Baylis Studio Rosebery Avenue, Finsbury
Architect and chairman of the Islington Society, David Gibson, will take control of the candidates and give them a chance to answer the questions put to them by audience members.
Tickets: call 0844 412 4300
- 1 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 2 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 3 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 4 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 5 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 6 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 7 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 8 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 9 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 10 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
Submit a question: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Islington North Hustings
April 20, 7.30pm
Islington Arts and Media School, Turle Road, Finsbury Park
All six candidates for Islington North will take to the stage to answer your questions in the school’s art auditorium. The chairman is yet to be confirmed.
Tickets: Entry is free, just turn up on the night.
Submit a question: either on the night, or in advance by emailing email@example.com
Islington Gazette Social Media Evening
April 27, 6 to 8pm.
We are inviting candidates to take part in our own social media evening, giving readers the chance to put questions to them in a live, online arena.
Each prospective MP will be put in the hot seat for a live Q&A session, where they will be quizzed by you, the readers.
Submit a question: email: firstname.lastname@example.org