Your chance to quiz Islington’s election candidates
- Credit: Archant
Gazette organises there events were you can grill the people who want your vote on what matters to you
With a mere 28 days left before Islington goes to the ballot box, the Gazette has teamed up with community organisations to host a trio of heavyweight hustings, where members of the public can grill the candidates about the issues that matter to them. Are you concerned about the borough’s housing crisis? Or Islington’s high levels of unemployment? Or maybe the recent surge in youth violence? At the following events, you can have your say:
Islington South and Finsbury Hustings, in collaboration with Sadler’s Wells Theatre.
April 13, 7pm.
Sadler’s Wells’ Lilian Baylis Studio Rosebery Avenue, Finsbury
You may also want to watch:
Architect and chairman of the Islington Society, David Gibson, will take control of the candidates and give them a chance to answer the questions put to them by audience members.
Tickets: call 0844 412 4300
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
Submit a question: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Islington North Hustings
April 20, 7.30pm
Islington Arts and Media School, Turle Road, Finsbury Park
All six candidates for Islington North will take to the stage to answer your questions in the school’s art auditorium. The chairman is yet to be confirmed.
Tickets: Entry is free, just turn up on the night.
Submit a question: either on the night, or in advance by emailing email@example.com
Islington Gazette Social Media Evening
April 27, 6 to 8pm.
We are inviting candidates to take part in our own social media evening, giving readers the chance to put questions to them in a live, online arena.
Each prospective MP will be put in the hot seat for a live Q&A session, where they will be quizzed by you, the readers.
Submit a question: email: firstname.lastname@example.org