Zombie village fete held in Islington
The traditional village fete was given a gory twist as dozens of zombie fans wore outfits to celebrate the undead.
Blood-splattered bunting and dead flowers decorated the all-day Zombie Fete at Islington Metal Works in Torrens Court, Islington, earlier this month.
The party was held by film club Amy Grimehouse and also saw a 12-hour movie marathon featuring everything from Dawn of the Dead to Shaun of the Dead.
Alex Menance, co-founder of Amy Grimehouse, said: “I’m not quite sure how that idea came along. I just thought it would be funny if we did a summer village fete but turned it into a zombie fete. Then the ideas just flowed quite naturally.
“It went really well and had a brilliant atmosphere. The highlight for me was when we had a room full of zombies doing a choreographed Thriller routine.
You may also want to watch:
“Other people said it was the brain eating – we had a chef cooking actual brain, though I’m not sure what animal it was from – and we had a speed eating contest with brain made out of jelly.”
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 4 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 8 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 9 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 10 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair