Zombie village fete held in Islington
The traditional village fete was given a gory twist as dozens of zombie fans wore outfits to celebrate the undead.
Blood-splattered bunting and dead flowers decorated the all-day Zombie Fete at Islington Metal Works in Torrens Court, Islington, earlier this month.
The party was held by film club Amy Grimehouse and also saw a 12-hour movie marathon featuring everything from Dawn of the Dead to Shaun of the Dead.
Alex Menance, co-founder of Amy Grimehouse, said: “I’m not quite sure how that idea came along. I just thought it would be funny if we did a summer village fete but turned it into a zombie fete. Then the ideas just flowed quite naturally.
“It went really well and had a brilliant atmosphere. The highlight for me was when we had a room full of zombies doing a choreographed Thriller routine.
You may also want to watch:
“Other people said it was the brain eating – we had a chef cooking actual brain, though I’m not sure what animal it was from – and we had a speed eating contest with brain made out of jelly.”
- 1 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Upper Street coffee shop to start selling "quality" wine despite noise objections
- 3 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 4 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 5 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 6 Letter on Holloway Prison site development
- 7 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 8 In pictures: Pond-dipping, singing and mindfulness at Gillespie Park fun day
- 9 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket