Spa experience is good for the sole
- Credit: Archant
If your favourite pair of shoes are on their way out, you might be thinking of throwing them away.
Or perhaps you want your trainers or handbag to stand out from the rest and be truly unique?
However you wish to rejuvenate them, Shoe SPA, on the Caledonian Road, is not your traditional cobblers.
Shoe SPA can restore the entire item inside and out, preserving the original materials and pattern.
Looking at the before and after photos, you would be hard pressed to believe that they hadn’t just buy a new pair. But the seemingly impossible restorations combine traditional tools and techniques with the latest technology.
You may also want to watch:
“Many people are connected with their old shoes or bag,” says Shoe SPA’s Kamila Solecka.
“They share a lot of positive memories and they simply don’t have the heart to throw them away. We can offer a second life to their beloved belongings.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
“There is also a group of people who simply don’t like the whole process of buying new shoes, as that often leads to blisters and other unpleasant experiences. They prefer to extend the life-span of the shoes they already own and are happy with.
“Some shoes or bags were part of limited collection and are no longer on sale, thus restoration is the only option to use them again.
“In case of more expensive shoes or bags there are financial drivers as well, as it can be much cheaper to restore, than to buy new ones.
Shoe SPA never know what will come through the door, whether it be a comfy pair of work shoes or a pair of trainers that someone wants to turn into a one-off design where imagination is the only limit.
“We’re sometimes restoring some very old shoes, made using old techniques, and it has been a challenge to find proper replacement materials to restore them to their original look, but our customers are very satisfied with the results.”
Kamila aims to expand the business with locations across the capital, and reach the rest of the UK with a door-to-door courier service.
She added: “We believe we can contribute to the change of the entire shoe industry, where there will be more focus on quality services in the future and restoring shoes will be as common as cleaning a car in the car wash.”
80 Caledonian Road, N1 9DN
07460 676 307