Aaron Ramsdale joins Arsenal from Sheffield United
- Credit: PA
Arsenal have signed Aaron Ramsdale from Sheffield United for £24 million, with add-ons worth up to £6 million depending on playing time and European qualification.
The 23-year-old English goalkeeper joins on a five-year-deal until 2026 having spent just over a year in Sheffield with the Blades.
Ramsdale was part of Gareth Southgate’s European Championship squad although did not play a game at the tournament.
The signing comes following Bernd Leno's difficult year last campaign as Mikel Arteta looks to bring in a goalkeeper who is more adept on the ball to help build up from the back.
Ramsdale recorded a save percentage of 70.7% in the 2020/21 season, higher than Leno, however it remains to be seen who Arsenal’s number one will be going forward.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal will hope to have Ramsdale registered by midday on Friday in order for him to be in the squad to face Chelsea on Sunday.
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency