Anaconda swimmers praised for their Middlesex Championships performance
- Credit: Archant
Anaconda SC coach Wayne Lock was full of praise after a record number of the club’s young swimmers achieved qualifying times in the Middlesex Championships.
A total of 35 youngsters from the Cally Pool-based club – approximately twice as many as last year – gained county times at the championships, which were spread across three weekends.
“It’s a tribute to a lot of hard work in the pool,” said Lock, the club’s head coach. “And I was particularly delighted to see such a big increase in numbers when the qualifying times had just been made faster than ever.
“The club has built a great work ethos, and that should be a strong platform for future successes.”
Among several excellent Anaconda performances, Alistair Woolley, Max Greenhalgh, Elena Dewhurst and Agnes Benedict all swam personal best times to reach a final, and then broke those records again in their finals.
You may also want to watch:
Lock also commended 17-year-old Alex Tegene, who jumped 21 places from his entry time seeding, knocking 1.30 seconds off his previous best performance in the highly-contested 50m freestyle event.
Meanwhile, eight Anaconda swimmers have already achieved automatic qualifying times for the London Regional Championships, which are scheduled to take place in May.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series