Anaconda Swimming Club duo set the bar at national championships
- Credit: Archant
Anaconda SC are hoping the success of Elena Dewhurst and Tommy Donovan at national level will be a benchmark for the rest of the club this season.
Dewhurst, 13, took 17th place in the 50m freestyle at the British Championships earlier this summer, while 15-year-old Donovan reached two breaststroke finals at the English Championships.
The Cally Road swimmers return to training this week after the summer break and the club’s head coach Wayne Lock said: “We were very happy with how our swimmers competed at this level.
“We look forward to seeing what they and others at the club can achieve this season.”
Meanwhile, Ironmonger Row Baths is the venue for a Dive In event organised by Speedo and Greenwich Leisure Limited (GLL) to encourage the public to improve their swimming.
You may also want to watch:
There will be four sessions taking place between 10.30am and 4.30pm on Saturday September 17, open to swimmers of all abilities. For more information call 020 3642 5520.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14