Anaconda Swimming Club girls shine at Middlesex Championships
- Credit: Archant
Anaconda SC’s Sadie Goldin struck gold and team-mate Alice Bayley won a trio of medals at the Middlesex ASA age group County Championships.
Goldin was the sole gold medallist for the Cally Pool-based club, winning the 13 years’ 50m backstroke with a personal best time of 32.82 seconds at Barnet Copthall.
Bayley also recorded best times in the 13 years’ 100m breaststroke (1:23.07), where she secured a silver medal, and the 100m individual medley (1:14.85), which earned her bronze.
The pair – who also featured alongside Leto Atherton and Harriette Sebag-Montefiore in the bronze medal-winning 4x50m freestyle relay team – improved from heats to final in all their events.
Anaconda head coach Wayne Lock said: “The number of relay teams we fielded shows we are growing in strength in depth.
You may also want to watch:
“We have already eclipsed the number of medals won from last year with the youth county championships. This is very promising for the future of our club.”
Sophia Bremen was also a silver medallist at the championships, clocking a personal best of 42.41 in the 11 years’ 50m breaststroke, in addition to reaching the 100m breaststroke final.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Arsenal Women player of the season award nominations
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
Goldin reached three other finals – the 100m freestyle (fourth place in 1:04.23), the 50m freestyle (fourth in 29:94) and the 100m backstroke (fifth in 1:14.55).
Bayley finished sixth in the 100m butterfly (1:15.12), while Cyril de Montbel took fifth place in the 11 years’ 50m backstroke (37.85) and Evie Stansfield was eighth in the 11 years’ 100m butterfly (1:38.67).
Atherton took seventh place in the 100m butterfly (1:19.04) and eighth in the 50m butterfly (33.35), while a trio of Anaconda’s 4x50m medley relay teams all achieved fourth place in their respective events.
Those were the 13 years’ girls’ team, the 10-11 girls and the 10-11 boys.