Anaconda Swimming Club girls shine at Middlesex Championships
- Credit: Archant
Anaconda SC’s Sadie Goldin struck gold and team-mate Alice Bayley won a trio of medals at the Middlesex ASA age group County Championships.
Goldin was the sole gold medallist for the Cally Pool-based club, winning the 13 years’ 50m backstroke with a personal best time of 32.82 seconds at Barnet Copthall.
Bayley also recorded best times in the 13 years’ 100m breaststroke (1:23.07), where she secured a silver medal, and the 100m individual medley (1:14.85), which earned her bronze.
The pair – who also featured alongside Leto Atherton and Harriette Sebag-Montefiore in the bronze medal-winning 4x50m freestyle relay team – improved from heats to final in all their events.
Anaconda head coach Wayne Lock said: “The number of relay teams we fielded shows we are growing in strength in depth.
You may also want to watch:
“We have already eclipsed the number of medals won from last year with the youth county championships. This is very promising for the future of our club.”
Sophia Bremen was also a silver medallist at the championships, clocking a personal best of 42.41 in the 11 years’ 50m breaststroke, in addition to reaching the 100m breaststroke final.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 5 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
Goldin reached three other finals – the 100m freestyle (fourth place in 1:04.23), the 50m freestyle (fourth in 29:94) and the 100m backstroke (fifth in 1:14.55).
Bayley finished sixth in the 100m butterfly (1:15.12), while Cyril de Montbel took fifth place in the 11 years’ 50m backstroke (37.85) and Evie Stansfield was eighth in the 11 years’ 100m butterfly (1:38.67).
Atherton took seventh place in the 100m butterfly (1:19.04) and eighth in the 50m butterfly (33.35), while a trio of Anaconda’s 4x50m medley relay teams all achieved fourth place in their respective events.
Those were the 13 years’ girls’ team, the 10-11 girls and the 10-11 boys.