Angel ABC fighter learns lessons from losing run
- Credit: Archant
Angel ABC lightweight Mark Kuderovitch believes his recent losing streak has made him a better boxer as he prepares for the new amateur season.
Kuderovitch has won four and lost six of his fights to date, including narrow defeats on points in his last three outings – all of them on his opponent’s patch.
But the 20-year-old from Dalston, who is trained by experienced coaches Colin Lake and Ivor ‘The Engine’ Jones, is confident of improving his record when he returns to the ring in September.
“It’s never easy to get a decision in your opponent’s back yard, as I found out towards the end of last season,” Kuderovitch told the Gazette.
“The Angel’s a small club – we are unable to put on our own shows, so you have to travel to get a bout and that presents you with difficulties.
You may also want to watch:
“But I have learned from those three losses and I believe that experience has made me a better boxer and equipped me well for the new season. I tend to be a bit of a slow starter, but when I step up to bouts of three rounds of three minutes, that should suit me better.
“I’m just happy to work away in the gym and improve my technique, style and strength and I hope it will stand me in good stead.”
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 10 Islington shooting victim named
Kuderovitch is hoping to enter the national novices’ championships in the new season and he also has one eye on the Haringey Box Cup tournament, which takes place at Alexandra Palace in June.