Angel ABC fighter learns lessons from losing run
- Credit: Archant
Angel ABC lightweight Mark Kuderovitch believes his recent losing streak has made him a better boxer as he prepares for the new amateur season.
Kuderovitch has won four and lost six of his fights to date, including narrow defeats on points in his last three outings – all of them on his opponent’s patch.
But the 20-year-old from Dalston, who is trained by experienced coaches Colin Lake and Ivor ‘The Engine’ Jones, is confident of improving his record when he returns to the ring in September.
“It’s never easy to get a decision in your opponent’s back yard, as I found out towards the end of last season,” Kuderovitch told the Gazette.
“The Angel’s a small club – we are unable to put on our own shows, so you have to travel to get a bout and that presents you with difficulties.
You may also want to watch:
“But I have learned from those three losses and I believe that experience has made me a better boxer and equipped me well for the new season. I tend to be a bit of a slow starter, but when I step up to bouts of three rounds of three minutes, that should suit me better.
“I’m just happy to work away in the gym and improve my technique, style and strength and I hope it will stand me in good stead.”
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
Kuderovitch is hoping to enter the national novices’ championships in the new season and he also has one eye on the Haringey Box Cup tournament, which takes place at Alexandra Palace in June.