Another busy wekeend for Islington Boxing Club
- Credit: Archant
Islington Boxing Club had another busy wekeend for its boxers.
Borys Feldman traveled over to Guernsey on Friday to take part on a Guernsey Amalgamated ABC show.
And he defeated Nathan Green of the host club, once again on a split decision which the Islington man has become so fond off.
Of his 15 fights to date, 12 have been decided by a split decision with Feldman winning 10 of them.
Here he coasted throughout most of the bout but did enough to earn victory.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday evening, the club had two junior boxers on the Lion ABC show held at their club gym in Hoxton.
Liam Byrne (age 12, 37kgs) competed in his first skills contest for over a year against Arzin Malik of Lansbury ABC and showed some positive signs.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 5 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 6 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 7 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
Team mate Patrick McDonagh (12, 38kgs) won on his competitive boxing debut against Mohammed Miah of Lion.
McDonagh boxed well throughout the contest listening to instructions from coaches Scott Smart and Zowie Campbell and although he tired towards the end, he took a unanimous decision.