Another busy wekeend for Islington Boxing Club
- Credit: Archant
Islington Boxing Club had another busy wekeend for its boxers.
Borys Feldman traveled over to Guernsey on Friday to take part on a Guernsey Amalgamated ABC show.
And he defeated Nathan Green of the host club, once again on a split decision which the Islington man has become so fond off.
Of his 15 fights to date, 12 have been decided by a split decision with Feldman winning 10 of them.
Here he coasted throughout most of the bout but did enough to earn victory.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday evening, the club had two junior boxers on the Lion ABC show held at their club gym in Hoxton.
Liam Byrne (age 12, 37kgs) competed in his first skills contest for over a year against Arzin Malik of Lansbury ABC and showed some positive signs.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
Team mate Patrick McDonagh (12, 38kgs) won on his competitive boxing debut against Mohammed Miah of Lion.
McDonagh boxed well throughout the contest listening to instructions from coaches Scott Smart and Zowie Campbell and although he tired towards the end, he took a unanimous decision.