Another win for Islington’s Gharib
- Credit: Archant
Senior enjoys more success in Brighton
Islington Boxing Club senior Mo Gharib celebrated another win on the joint Whitehawk ABC and Fishersgate ABC open show at the Portslade Sports Centre in Brighton.
Elite lightweight Gharib continued his fine form this season by defeating Brandon Davies (Hastings Westhill ABC) with a unanimous points decision over three three-minute rounds.
After a cautious start from the Islington boxer in the first round, Gharib found his range and rhythm and outboxed Davies to win the opener.
In the second round Gharib started to increase the pressure on his opponent with big crunching shots to the body to increase his lead.
You may also want to watch:
And it was much the same in the third round, as Gharib accurately scored with his shots and hardly wasted any of his punches to emerge as a clear winner at the end of the contest.
Gharib will hoping to continue his winning habit at the forthcoming Haringey Box Cup at Alexandra Palace in a couple of weeks time, with Islington having entered a team of senior boxers into the international tournament.
- 1 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 2 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild