Another win for Islington’s Gharib
- Credit: Archant
Senior enjoys more success in Brighton
Islington Boxing Club senior Mo Gharib celebrated another win on the joint Whitehawk ABC and Fishersgate ABC open show at the Portslade Sports Centre in Brighton.
Elite lightweight Gharib continued his fine form this season by defeating Brandon Davies (Hastings Westhill ABC) with a unanimous points decision over three three-minute rounds.
After a cautious start from the Islington boxer in the first round, Gharib found his range and rhythm and outboxed Davies to win the opener.
In the second round Gharib started to increase the pressure on his opponent with big crunching shots to the body to increase his lead.
You may also want to watch:
And it was much the same in the third round, as Gharib accurately scored with his shots and hardly wasted any of his punches to emerge as a clear winner at the end of the contest.
Gharib will hoping to continue his winning habit at the forthcoming Haringey Box Cup at Alexandra Palace in a couple of weeks time, with Islington having entered a team of senior boxers into the international tournament.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern