Determined Doyles A force Legion into surrender
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the Archway Darts League
Doyles A kept up the firm title pressure on their fierce rivals in the Archway Darts League by recording a pivotal 9-6 victory full of quality at Muswell Hill’s British Legion.
Closest foes Kennedy’s, notably without key player George Killington, also maintained their impeccable form as they ruthlessly dispatched the N19 away 10-5 in brutal fashion.
A valiant effort from the ever-spirited N19, however, it is now two successive painful home defeats for the Holloway outfit where they’re lack of prowess on the doubles has cost them dearly.
Royal Oak B, who are striving for major silverware in 2018/19, are right on the leaders’ tails after a flattering 12-3 away thrashing at Sheephaven Bay, their third resounding win on the trot.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Zac Chapman inspired the Nicholas Nickelby to condemn struggling Old Oak to a 10-5 home reverse, while Golden Lion edged out Royal Oak A with a gusty away performance 9-6.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing