Archway Darts League teams return to action
- Credit: Archant
Billy Mundee impressed with a superb 18-darter as Kennedy’s made a commanding return to Archway Darts League action with a 14-1 away hammering of Slattery’s.
Hotshot Johnny Saunders followed up his captain's potent standards in dynamic style with a fine 19-dart leg, confirming their status as favourites to keep the title.
Paul Badman, the league's marquee summer signing for Doyles, landed a striking 180 and timely 19-dart leg in a man of the match showing at Royal Oak.
The 'Chiefs' scooped the points with a 10-5 win, while Old Oak's imperious form showed no sign of stopping at home as they condemned the Nicholas Nickleby to a 9-6 defeat.
Dylan Osborn hit a swell 18-dart leg consolation for the losing side.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Camden's Robert Peel suffered a home reverse to Boston Arms 13-2, while the N19 were gifted an away walkover at British Legion, who face impending liquidation.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant