Archway fighter aims to show championship class at York Hall
- Credit: Archant
Unbeaten Archway light-middleweight Tony Milch intends to demonstrate his championship credentials when he returns to the ring at York Hall next month.
Milch, who picked up the International Challenge belt in his last outing against Bulgaria’s Konstantin Alexandrov, wants the chance to add more prestigious titles over the coming months.
And the 35-year-old, who has won all 11 of his fights to date, feels his six-round clash with experienced Norwich fighter Duane Green on Saturday November 5 will nudge him closer to realising that ambition.
“I’ve had a few stepping stone fights – this one should be more competitive and it’s what I need,” Milch told the Gazette. “I want to mix it up with some good fighters.
“Kevin McCauley was a tough opponent a couple of fights back and this is another dangerous fighter. I know I’ve got to keep my eye on the ball and put on a show.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m putting the work in with my trainer Ian Burbage and I had a good session of sparring with Bradley Skeete – hopefully I’ll get a few more in before November 5.
“I’ll be looking to end the year in style and prove I’m championship class and hopefully this can get me closer to either the Southern Area or English title.”
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 6 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Tickets for the Hellraiser Promotions show on November 5 are priced at £35 (or £60 ringside).
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can also contact Milch via Twitter (@TonyMilch) or Facebook (Anthony Milch).