Darts: Boston Arms conquer British Legion in Archway League
- Credit: Archant
Boston Arms maintained their best start to a season with a 12-3 home mauling of British Legion.
Stat man Stuart Pickles threw his second maximum of the campaign in the win, while Doyles A kept their perfect home record going with a thrilling 8-7 victory over Royal Oak A.
Randy Robinson’s striking 180 proved a pivotal moment in the match.
Elsewhere, Peter Chapman’s maximum for the depleted Nicholas Nicklelby proved insufficient as they succumbed 11-4 at home to the proficient N19 in a one-sided affair.
Miles Fairhurst skilfully reeled off an impressive 17-dart leg for the away outfit in the drubbing, as the Holloway side prepare for the titanic visit of reigning Invincibles Kennedy’s.
You may also want to watch:
Old Oak’s torrid start continued on the road as they were trounced 13-2 at in-form Royal Oak B, as Sheephaven Bay reigned in the Camden derby, edging out Golden Lion 8-7 away.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder