Darts: Archway League Singles Cup throws up superb action
- Credit: Archant
The Archway Darts League’s Singles Cup produced some superb action and upsets at the weekend.
Teams took a break from the title race as individuals chased glory in the open tournament.
N19's James Martin beat Brian Bointon 2-0 in qualifying at the Nicholas Nickleby, thanks to some excellent cover-shooting, while Oisin Coyle had a 20-dart leg in edging out Old Oak's Steve Dunsworth.
Scott Robinson reeled off a majestic 180 and a 17-dart leg at the N19 to join Jim Curran in the next round, while Paul Badman rolled back the years to edge out PDC starlet Aaron Beaney 2-1 in a high-quality contest.
Badman's Doyles' teammate Adam Finch eased through with a timely maximum, while Old Oak's in-form Daniel Palmer was knocked out in an upset.
You may also want to watch:
Jimmy Galvin hit a string of treble 20s to qualify for the showpiece finals at Highgate's St Joseph's Club.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing