Darts: Archway League Singles Cup throws up superb action
- Credit: Archant
The Archway Darts League’s Singles Cup produced some superb action and upsets at the weekend.
Teams took a break from the title race as individuals chased glory in the open tournament.
N19's James Martin beat Brian Bointon 2-0 in qualifying at the Nicholas Nickleby, thanks to some excellent cover-shooting, while Oisin Coyle had a 20-dart leg in edging out Old Oak's Steve Dunsworth.
Scott Robinson reeled off a majestic 180 and a 17-dart leg at the N19 to join Jim Curran in the next round, while Paul Badman rolled back the years to edge out PDC starlet Aaron Beaney 2-1 in a high-quality contest.
Badman's Doyles' teammate Adam Finch eased through with a timely maximum, while Old Oak's in-form Daniel Palmer was knocked out in an upset.
You may also want to watch:
Jimmy Galvin hit a string of treble 20s to qualify for the showpiece finals at Highgate's St Joseph's Club.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington