Arsenal's trip to Aston Villa rescheduled
- Credit: PA
Arsenal's postponed game away at Aston Villa on Saturday January, 9 has been rescheduled for Sunday, January 31 for a 2pm kick off.
The game was originally postponed due to a positive Covid-19 test in the Arsenal camp after three players went to Dubai over the festive period.
This will be the first time that the sides will have ever meet in the Women's Super League following Aston Villa's promotion.
They did play one another in the summer in a pre-season friendly fixture as the Gunners were warming up for their Champions League tie with Paris Saint-Germain.
That game will be available to watch via the FA player.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile the crunch fixture with Manchester City will kick off at 2.30pm at Meadow Park live on BT Sport.
The teams have already met twice this season with Manchester City winning both games by the same scoreline 2-1.
- 1 Seventh man charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 2 Low Traffic Islington coalition launched to support council's LTN roll-out
- 3 Open spaces, LTNs, vouchers, vaccinations and neonatal care
- 4 Plans to chop down 70-year-old Islington mulberry tree paused
- 5 WATCH: Air ambulance called to Islington flat fire
- 6 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 7 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 8 Police force entry to alleged Islington 'house party' amid pandemic
- 9 'This is the end of my political career': Richard Watts stands down
- 10 Over-65s vaccinations begin in England as centre reports lack of patients
They met in the FA Cup in October to complete the 2019/20 Cup campaign thanks to goals from Steph Houghton following a free-kick and Samantha Mewis fired in as the Gunners couldn't clear a cross.
Jordan Nobbs had cancelled out Houghton's opener but Mewis immediately put City back into the lead.
The second meeting this season City scored a last minute winner via Caroline Weir after Vivianne Miedema had put Arsenal ahead but once again Mewis was a thorn in the Gunners side as she scored the equaliser from a corner.
Arsenal currently sit third in the table with 23 points going into this weekends game with West Ham United.