Arsenal hope it's fourth time lucky as Aston Villa trip rearranged
- Credit: PA
Arsenal's trip to Aston Villa has been rearranged as the clubs hope to get the game on at the fourth time of asking in the Women's Super League.
The game has already been postponed three times first because of a positive Covid-19 case and then a waterlogged pitch and a frozen surface postponed the further two rearranged fixtures.
An Arsenal statement read on Wednesday afternoon: "We can confirm that our previously postponed fixture against Aston Villa has been rescheduled for Sunday, February 28.
"The fixture will be played at Walsall’s Bescot Stadium and will kick off at 2pm."
It is the first game scheduled for after the international break with the Gunners in 4th place in the Women's Super League 9 points behind the Red Devils in 3rd but have 2 games in hand over Casey Stoney's side.
You may also want to watch:
Aston Villa are currently 10th in the table after beating the Gunners North London rival's Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 last time out with Mana Iwabuchi scoring a stunning strike from range.
Marcus Bignot's side have collected four points from their last three games after also holding Reading to a 2-2 draw with goals from Japanese international star Iwabuchi and Diana Silva.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
Arsenal haven't played Aston Villa in a competitive meeting in the Women's Super League before so this clash was set to be their first, however they did meet in pre-season when the Gunners were warming up to complete their Champions League campaign.
The Gunners will hope to respond instantly after the international break after consecutive defeats to Manchester City and Chelsea losing 2-1 and 3-0 respectively.