Arsenal face Aston Villa after a long break from league action
Arsenal Women travel to Aston Villa this weekend (Sunday January 31) in their re-arranged Women's Super League clash.
The Gunners were due to play Villa on January 7, but due to a positive Covid-19 test in the Gunners ranks the game had to be postponed.
Last week's game with West Ham United Women at Meadow Park was also postponed due to a frozen pitch so Joe Montemurro's side have had a full week to prepare for the game in the Midlands.
Last time out Aston Villa drew 2-2 with Reading so will have confidence going into the clash with the Gunners
They will have a new boss in the dugout as Marcus Bignot was appointed as interim on Monday to support current coach Gemma Davies.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal will have a near fully fit squad with only Steph Catley ruled out with a hamstring injury a real boost for Joe Montemurro ahead of his team selection
The match will be available to watch live on the FA player with a 2pm kick off.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion