Arsenal face Aston Villa after a long break from league action
Arsenal Women travel to Aston Villa this weekend (Sunday January 31) in their re-arranged Women's Super League clash.
The Gunners were due to play Villa on January 7, but due to a positive Covid-19 test in the Gunners ranks the game had to be postponed.
Last week's game with West Ham United Women at Meadow Park was also postponed due to a frozen pitch so Joe Montemurro's side have had a full week to prepare for the game in the Midlands.
Last time out Aston Villa drew 2-2 with Reading so will have confidence going into the clash with the Gunners
They will have a new boss in the dugout as Marcus Bignot was appointed as interim on Monday to support current coach Gemma Davies.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal will have a near fully fit squad with only Steph Catley ruled out with a hamstring injury a real boost for Joe Montemurro ahead of his team selection
The match will be available to watch live on the FA player with a 2pm kick off.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London