Arsenal boss Montemurro 'confident' that Williamson and Roord will sign new contracts
- Credit: PA
Arsenal manager Joe Montemurro says he's quietly confident that Leah Williamson and Jill Roord will sign contract extensions at the club.
It was reported on Thursday evening that England International Williamson was a target for European giants Lyon, Paris Saint-Germain and Wolfsburg.
Williamson has featured in every match for Arsenal this season and is a vital member of the squad.
The 23-year-old has just six months left on her contact but in his press conference ahead of the Manchester City game on Sunday the Australian said when speaking to Tim Stillman at Arseblog news.
"We’re still in discussions and they have been going on for the last month or so but it’s all looking very positive.
You may also want to watch:
"It's an honour really when a lot of the biggest clubs in Europe are interested, not just in Leah, but she’s a fantastic Arsenal academy player and a player that personifies what we’re trying to do here.
"I am quietly confident that Leah will be signing on to be an Arsenal player.”
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 10 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
Goalkeeper Manuela Zinsberger extended her contract on Friday.
The 25-year-old Austrian said: "It's just unbelievable. The team have so much potential and I'm just looking forward to everything that comes in the future."
Zinsberger has played eight games in the Women's Super League this season keeping one clean-sheet against Brighton & Hove Albion in a 5-0 victory.
Arsenal return to action this Sunday against Manchester City with a 2.30pm kick off live on BT Sport.