Arsenal boss Unai Emery hails Lucas Torreira after Europa League Vorskla victory
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Unai Emery has hailed midfielder Lucas Torreira after the Gunners’ 4-2 Europa League victory over FC Vorskla Poltava.
The Uruguayan dictated the tempo with ease until he was substituted for Mattéo Guendouzi after 57-minutes, but sat on the bench with an ice pack on his right-knee following several bruising challenges from the Ukranians.
Torreira’s displays have left fans calling for his induction into the first XI - however he may have to wait for his first Premier League start as Emery hinted he is a doubt for Sunday’s Everton clash.
Speaking after the game, the Spaniard said: “Lucas is playing with passion. Each minute he is playing he is doing very well.
“He got two hits on his leg. I hope by tomorrow and Saturday he’s ok for Sunday.”
You may also want to watch:
The 22-year-old has made five league substitute appearances this season after returning from the World Cup, where he impressed in his three starts against Russia, Portugal and France.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 Arsenal Women player of the season award nominations