Arsenal break club transfer record to sign Alexandre Lacazette from Lyon
- Credit: PA
Gunners believed to have spent £46.5m on French international, with fee possibly rising to £52.6m
Arsenal have signed Olympique Lyonnais and France international Alexandre Lacazette for a club record fee.
The 26-year-old forward joins the Gunners after seven impressive years with the French heavyweights and has agreed a five-year deal.
Lacazette, who has one goal and 11 caps for Frances, joins for an undisclosed fee, though it is believed to be £46.5m, though it could reach as much as £52.6m.
Even at its lowest value, it means the deal is till worth more than the £42.4m it cost to bring Mesut Ozil in from Real Madrid in 2013.
You may also want to watch:
Lacazette struck 28 goals in the French top-flight, Ligue 1, last season, making him the competition’s second-highest top scorer.
The arrival of Lacazette in north London, though, could hasten the exit of countryman Olivier Giroud.
- 1 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
The 30-year-old striker is the target of interest from Premier League clubs Everton and West Ham United.
And with greater competition to start at Arsenal, Giroud may need to move to stay ahead of Lacazette in the pecking order for the French national team.