'Very popular' Rob Holding signs new three-year deal with Arsenal
- Credit: PA
Rob Holding has signed a new three-year contract at Arsenal with the option for a further year following an impressive 12 months.
The centre-back has become a regular under Mikel Arteta this season, playing 18 times in all competitions - the same total he managed throughout the whole of the 2019-20 campaign.
Holding was a key part of the Gunners' run to the FA Cup final and starred to help them clinch silverware with a 2-1 win over Chelsea on August 1.
"Since I started as manager, I have been hugely impressed with Rob's contribution to the club and the dressing room, on and off the pitch," Arteta told the official club website.
"We all know Rob's quality, which he has shown in his displays during the intense moments of those two FA Cup final victories.
You may also want to watch:
"We are all very happy that Rob has signed a new contract, he is very popular with all the players and staff and we're looking forward to watching him continue to grow with us in the coming years."
Since the defender moved to the Emirates from Bolton in the summer of 2016, he has made 96 appearances for the club.
Holding also impressed in the 2017 FA Cup final triumph, again over Chelsea, and has been backed to get even better in the coming years.
Technical director Edu added: "We are very happy to have signed Rob on a new contract extension. He is 25 years old so is still coming into the peak of his career and we are delighted that he'll be with us during these important years.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 7 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 8 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 9 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
"Rob has shown great quality and maturity on and off the pitch in recent months and is developing well. We are looking forward to Rob continuing his progression in the years to come."