Arsenal duo nominated for monthly award
- Credit: PA
Arsenal duo Caitlin Foord and Manuela Zinsberger have been nominated for the GIVEMESPORT player of the month for March.
Foord has hit 10 goals and has registered five assists this season for the Gunners, in March she scored three goals two against Birmingham City and one in the north London derby last weekend.
The Australian's 10th goal of the season was a real moment of quality as Nobbs played the ball into her before the Arsenal number 19 laid it into the path of Noelle Maritz who cut her pass back for the forward to slot into the net.
Foord has made a huge impact in her first full season with Joe Montemurro's side and has been critical to their build up play with her sharp and incisive movement and has been key to the overloads like Arsenal like to play with.
What's so good about the attacker is that she is so versatile as she can play as a number 9 or on the wing.
You may also want to watch:
Zinsberger has had a real upturn in form and has kept two clean-sheets in a row against Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur.
The Austrian number one made a world class triple save against Spurs at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in Arsenal's 3-0 on Saturday.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
Zinsberger has played 11 games in the Women's Super League this season but has really come into form since the turn of the year.
The keeper has also been more comfortable and confident in controlling her box something that the stopper struggled with at the start of the season.
Zinsberger plays in the big games because of her ability with the ball at her feet and playing out from the back something that Arsenal are moulded on.
The two Gunners stars are nominated alongside Manchester City's Lauren Hemp, Brighton's Inessa Kaagman, Bristol City's Ebony Salmon and Chelsea's Fran Kirby.