Arsenal duo on target for England
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal’s Jordan Nobbs and Jodie Taylor were among the goalscorers as England began their 2019 World Cup qualifying campaign with an emphatic win over Russia.
Nikita Parris opened the scoring at Prenton Park, before Taylor doubled the advantage on 13 minutes.
Russia were reduced to 10 players when Ksenia Tsybutovich was shown a second yellow card on the half-hour mark and England saw Nobbs and Lucy Bronze find the net to make it 4-0 at the inrtervall.
Toni Duggan, who signed for Barcelona this summer, rounded off a fine team move with a curling shot in the second half and then added a first-time finish to seal a 6-0 victory.
England have two more home World Cup qualifiers before Christmas as they host Bosnia & Herzegovina at Walsall on November 24 and entertain Kazakhstan at Colchester four days later.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £7.50 adults and £1 for children/concessions at thefa.com/tickets.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller