Arsenal duo on target for England
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal’s Jordan Nobbs and Jodie Taylor were among the goalscorers as England began their 2019 World Cup qualifying campaign with an emphatic win over Russia.
Nikita Parris opened the scoring at Prenton Park, before Taylor doubled the advantage on 13 minutes.
Russia were reduced to 10 players when Ksenia Tsybutovich was shown a second yellow card on the half-hour mark and England saw Nobbs and Lucy Bronze find the net to make it 4-0 at the inrtervall.
Toni Duggan, who signed for Barcelona this summer, rounded off a fine team move with a curling shot in the second half and then added a first-time finish to seal a 6-0 victory.
England have two more home World Cup qualifiers before Christmas as they host Bosnia & Herzegovina at Walsall on November 24 and entertain Kazakhstan at Colchester four days later.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £7.50 adults and £1 for children/concessions at thefa.com/tickets.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’