Arsenal fans to fork out most among Premier League supporters to follow their club
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Gunners followers set to splash out at least £1,970 on tickets and petrol this term
Arsenal fans will have to spend more than supporters of any other Premier League club to follow their club this season, according to research carried out by confused.com.
Gunners supporters face shelling out a combined total of at least £1,970 on tickets and petrol this term, more than any other club in the top flight.
Tottenham Hotspur fans, meanwhile, will shell out £1,822 in comparison to their north London rivals.
In comparison, Stoke City supporters will pay the least over the course of the term at just £1,362.
“Being a football fan is a very expensive hobby, and it doesn’t just stop at the cost of tickets,” said confused.com motoring editor Amanda Stretton.
You may also want to watch:
“Supporters will have to pay £607 on petrol over the course of the season, on average, and that goes without factoring in the added cost of parking.
“However, there are ways fans can keep costs down as much as possible. It’s worth benchmarking the average cost of petrol against the price of a designated coach to see which is cheaper, and there is always the option of car sharing with other supporters.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
“Fans can also save money by finding the cheapest fuel stations in their area online using the Confused.com fuel price comparison service.”