Arsenal: Gunners midfielder Aaron Ramsey to undergo surgery
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Ramsey set to play for Gunners in Europa League against AC Milan before having minor operation
Wales will be without Aaron Ramsey at the China Cup as the Arsenal midfielder is set to undergo minor surgery.
Ramsey is expected to play in Arsenal’s Europa League tie against AC Milan on Thursday night, but the 27-year-old will miss the four-team tournament in Nanning which also involves hosts China, the Czech Republic and Uruguay.
“We’ve been in discussions with Arsenal and Aaron over the last couple of weeks,” Wales manager Ryan Giggs said at a press conference to name his 26-man squad for the competition.
“He’s got a small procedure. It’s the ideal time in the international break to get it done.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a blow because he’s a quality player, but it’s the best thing to do for the future and for Aaron.”
Ramsey had made 52 appearances for his country since making his debut as a teenager in 2008 and the midfielder, who has part of the Wales squad that reached the Euro 2016 semi-finals, has scored 13 international goals.
- 1 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 2 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 5 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 6 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 7 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 8 Designated Covid care setting celebrates intervention on insurance issues
- 9 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 10 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants