Arsenal: Gunners midfielder Aaron Ramsey to undergo surgery
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Ramsey set to play for Gunners in Europa League against AC Milan before having minor operation
Wales will be without Aaron Ramsey at the China Cup as the Arsenal midfielder is set to undergo minor surgery.
Ramsey is expected to play in Arsenal’s Europa League tie against AC Milan on Thursday night, but the 27-year-old will miss the four-team tournament in Nanning which also involves hosts China, the Czech Republic and Uruguay.
“We’ve been in discussions with Arsenal and Aaron over the last couple of weeks,” Wales manager Ryan Giggs said at a press conference to name his 26-man squad for the competition.
“He’s got a small procedure. It’s the ideal time in the international break to get it done.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a blow because he’s a quality player, but it’s the best thing to do for the future and for Aaron.”
Ramsey had made 52 appearances for his country since making his debut as a teenager in 2008 and the midfielder, who has part of the Wales squad that reached the Euro 2016 semi-finals, has scored 13 international goals.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 9 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition