Arsenal: Gunners midfielder Aaron Ramsey to undergo surgery
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Ramsey set to play for Gunners in Europa League against AC Milan before having minor operation
Wales will be without Aaron Ramsey at the China Cup as the Arsenal midfielder is set to undergo minor surgery.
Ramsey is expected to play in Arsenal’s Europa League tie against AC Milan on Thursday night, but the 27-year-old will miss the four-team tournament in Nanning which also involves hosts China, the Czech Republic and Uruguay.
“We’ve been in discussions with Arsenal and Aaron over the last couple of weeks,” Wales manager Ryan Giggs said at a press conference to name his 26-man squad for the competition.
“He’s got a small procedure. It’s the ideal time in the international break to get it done.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a blow because he’s a quality player, but it’s the best thing to do for the future and for Aaron.”
Ramsey had made 52 appearances for his country since making his debut as a teenager in 2008 and the midfielder, who has part of the Wales squad that reached the Euro 2016 semi-finals, has scored 13 international goals.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 6 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 7 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25