Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- Credit: PA
Arsenal Women are looking to bounce back this Sunday afternoon with a midday kick off against London rival's West Ham United at Meadow Park.
The Gunners were held to a disappointing 1-1 draw with Reading last weekend as Vivianne Miedema cancelled out an early Lauren Bruton goal.
West Ham were defeated 1-0 by Tottenham Hotspur in managers Olli Harder's first game. The Hammers play tonight (Thursday) against Durham in the Continental Cup quarter-final, with a place in the last four against Chelsea or Manchester City, who met last night, up for grabs.
Arsenal's Leah Williamson, Jennifer Beattie, Caitlin Foord and Beth Mead should all come back into the starting eleven on the weekend after only being deemed fit enough for the bench at the Madejski Stadium last Sunday.
Steph Catley and Viktoria Schnaderbeck will miss this game through injury with Catley out with a hamstring problem.
You may also want to watch:
The last time the two sides met was in September with the Gunners winning 9-1 away from home as Jill Roord hit a hat-trick, Vivianne Miedema netted a brace and goals from Beth Mead, Williamson, Foord and Kim Little added to the score.
- 1 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 2 Seventh man charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 3 Junction Road collision: Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving
- 4 Covid rule warning issued after spate of parties in Islington
- 5 Group install interactive art project along New River Walk
- 6 NOcado campaign: Ocado brings High Court challenge
- 7 LTNs, census, carers and run for Macmillan
- 8 ‘Absolute disgrace’: Heating and hot water issues plague two estates
- 9 Swimmers in Hackney and Islington raise money to save their club
- 10 Learning in lockdown: Homeschooling in Islington after move from America