Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- Credit: PA
Arsenal Women are looking to bounce back this Sunday afternoon with a midday kick off against London rival's West Ham United at Meadow Park.
The Gunners were held to a disappointing 1-1 draw with Reading last weekend as Vivianne Miedema cancelled out an early Lauren Bruton goal.
West Ham were defeated 1-0 by Tottenham Hotspur in managers Olli Harder's first game. The Hammers play tonight (Thursday) against Durham in the Continental Cup quarter-final, with a place in the last four against Chelsea or Manchester City, who met last night, up for grabs.
Arsenal's Leah Williamson, Jennifer Beattie, Caitlin Foord and Beth Mead should all come back into the starting eleven on the weekend after only being deemed fit enough for the bench at the Madejski Stadium last Sunday.
Steph Catley and Viktoria Schnaderbeck will miss this game through injury with Catley out with a hamstring problem.
You may also want to watch:
The last time the two sides met was in September with the Gunners winning 9-1 away from home as Jill Roord hit a hat-trick, Vivianne Miedema netted a brace and goals from Beth Mead, Williamson, Foord and Kim Little added to the score.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education