Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- Credit: PA
Arsenal Women are looking to bounce back this Sunday afternoon with a midday kick off against London rival's West Ham United at Meadow Park.
The Gunners were held to a disappointing 1-1 draw with Reading last weekend as Vivianne Miedema cancelled out an early Lauren Bruton goal.
West Ham were defeated 1-0 by Tottenham Hotspur in managers Olli Harder's first game. The Hammers play tonight (Thursday) against Durham in the Continental Cup quarter-final, with a place in the last four against Chelsea or Manchester City, who met last night, up for grabs.
Arsenal's Leah Williamson, Jennifer Beattie, Caitlin Foord and Beth Mead should all come back into the starting eleven on the weekend after only being deemed fit enough for the bench at the Madejski Stadium last Sunday.
Steph Catley and Viktoria Schnaderbeck will miss this game through injury with Catley out with a hamstring problem.
You may also want to watch:
The last time the two sides met was in September with the Gunners winning 9-1 away from home as Jill Roord hit a hat-trick, Vivianne Miedema netted a brace and goals from Beth Mead, Williamson, Foord and Kim Little added to the score.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'