Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey shows support for Mesut Ozil but Welshman admits he is unsure of Emirates future
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey has admitted he is unsure of his future with the club.
The influential 27-year-old has moved into the final 12 months of his contract with the North London giants with a deal yet to be agreed between his representatives and the club.
Despite new head coach Unai Emery insisting he sees the former Cardiff City player as integral to his plans, a stalement remains.
Welsh international Ramsey said: “We’ll see what happens, but my agent and the club are talking.
“I’m not sure exactly what it hinges on, I’m just leaving it to them to discuss and to figure it out but we are yet to come to an agreement.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s something that my agent and the club are discussing to try and get something done.”
When asked the timeframe on a resolution to the contract impasse, speaking to Sky Sports News he added: “I’m not sure exactly. It’s taken a bit of time so far so we will have to wait and see.”
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 10 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
Ramsey also showed solidarity with colleague Mesut Ozil after his accusations of racism against the German FA.
Ozil announced his retirement from international football after a poor World Cup which saw the mannschaft fail to qualify from the group stages in Russia.
The Gelsenkirchen-born creative talent posted a series of statements on his personal Twitter account to his 23 million followers on Sunday accusing the DFB of racism.
Team-mate Ramsey added his support saying: “Mesut it is a vital member of the team here and has been great for us over the years so it’s important for us to stand by him.
“I’m not sure exactly what’s going on, all we know is that we are right behind him, there’s a place for him here and we appreciate everything he gives to this club.”